- Ph.D., Economics, Harvard University, 2010
Current Research Topics
- Mortgage Market Interventions, Access to Credit,
- Alternative Banking
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2011 - present
- Kaufman, Alex (2012). "The Influence of Fannie and Freddie on Mortgage Loan Terms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2012-33. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bubb, Ryan, and Alex Kaufman (2011). "Consumer Biases and Firm Ownership," New York University Law and Economics Working Papers 11-6. New York University School of Law.
- Bubb, Ryan, and Alex Kaufman (2011). "Further Investigations into the Origin of Credit Score Cutoff Rules," Public Policy Discussion Paper 11-12. Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Bubb, Ryan, and Alex Kaufman (2011). "Securitization and Moral Hazard: Evidence from a Lender Cutoff Rule," Public Policy Discussion Paper 11-6. Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Echenique, Federico, Roland G. Fryer Jr., and Alex Kaufman (2006). "Is School Segregation Good Or Bad?" American Economic Review, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 265.
Last update: March 13, 2013