- Ph.D., Economics, Columbia University, 2004
- M.A., Economics, Bocconi University, 1998
- B.A., Economics, University of Rome "La Sapienza", 1997
Current Research Topics
- Executive Compensation, Financial Contracting
- Corporate Cash Holdings
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2006 - present
Assistant Professor of Finance
HEC School of Management, University of Montreal
- 2004 - 2006
Visiting Assistant Professor of Finance
Smith School of Business, University of Maryland
- 2005 - 2006
- Falato, Antonio, Dalida Kadyrzhanova, and Ugur Lel (Forthcoming). "Distracted Directors: Does Board Busyness Hurt Shareholder Value?" Journal of Financial Economics.
- Falato, Antonio, Dalida Kadyrzhanova, and Jae W. Sim (2013). "Rising Intangible Capital, Shrinking Debt Capacity, and the US Corporate Savings Glut," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2013-67. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Falato, Antonio (2009). "Happiness Maintenance and Asset Prices," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1247-1262.
Last update: August 8, 2014