- Ph.D., Economics, University of Pennsylvania, 2000
- B.A., Economics and Mathematics, Washington and Lee University, 1994
Current Research Topics
- Financial Conditions Indexes
- Measures of Tail Risk Events
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2000 - present
Chief International Economist
U.S. Department of the Treasury
- 2008 - 2009
United Nations Economic Commission on Latin America and the Caribbean
Pontifical Catholic University of Chile
Johns Hopkins University
- 2005 - present
- Schindler, John W., Alan Ahearne, John Fernald, and Prakash Loungani (2008). "Flying Geese Or Sitting Ducks: China's Impact on the Trading Fortunes of Other Asian Economies," in Friedman, Benjamin, Michael Woodford eds., China and Asia: Economic and Financial Interactions. New York: Routledge.
- Kamin, Steven B., John Schindler, and Shawna Samuel (2007). "The Contribution of Domestic and External Factors to Emerging Market Currency Crises: An Early Warning Systems Approach," International Journal of Finance and Economics, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 317-336.
- Marquez, Jaime, and John Schindler (2007). "Exchange-Rate Effects on China's Trade," Review of International Economics, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 837-853.
- Schindler, John, Steven Kamin, and Mario Marazzi (2006). "Is China Exporting Deflation?" Review of International Economics, vol. 14, pp. 179-201.
- Schindler, John W., and Dustin H. Beckett (2005). "Adjusting Chinese Bilateral Trade Data: How Big is China's Trade Surplus?" International Journal of Applied Economics, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 27-55.
- Ahearne, Alan G., John G. Fernald, Prakash Loungani, and John W. Schindler (2003). "China and Emerging Asia: Comrades Or Competitors?" Seoul Journal of Economics, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 183-213.
- Schindler, John W. (2001). "Testing Optimality in Job Search Models," International Finance Discussion Papers 710. Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
Last update: March 13, 2013