- Ph.D., Economics, University of Bonn, 2005
- Diplom, Economics, University of Berlin (FU), 2000
Current Research Topics
- Segmented Markets and Term Premia
- Fiscal Multipliers
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2013 - present
Economist, Senior Economist
Bank of England
- 2008 - 2013
Bowling Green State University
- 2005 - 2008
- Paustian, Matthias, Charles T. Carlstrom, and Timothy S. Fuerst (Forthcoming). "Fiscal Multipliers Under an Interest Rate Peg of Deterministic Vs. Stochastic Duration," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking.
- De Paoli, Bianca, and Matthias Paustian (2013). "Coordinating Monetary and Macroprudential Policies," Staff Reports 653. Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Paustian, Matthias, and Jurgen von Hagen (2012). "How Relevant are Nominal Contracting Schemes for Monetary Policy?" Journal of Macroeconomics, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 723-740.
- Canova, Fabio, and Matthias Paustian (2011). "Business Cycle Measurement with some Theory," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 58, no. 4, pp. 345-361.
- Carlstrom, Charles T., Timothy S. Fuerst, and Matthias Paustian (2010). "Optimal Monetary Policy in a Model with Agency Costs," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, vol. 42, pp. 37-70.
- Carlstrom, Charles T., Timothy S. Fuerst, and Matthias Paustian (2009). "Inflation Persistence, Monetary Policy, and the Great Moderation," Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 767-786.
- Carlstrom, Charles T., Timothy S. Fuerst, and Matthias Paustian (2009). "Monetary Policy Shocks, Choleski Identification, and DNK Models," Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 56, no. 7, pp. 1014-1021.
- Paustian, Matthias (2007). "Assessing Sign Restrictions," B.E.Journal of Macroeconomics: Topics in Macroeconomics, Vol. 7, no. 1.
11-12 October 2012 London
First LSE/BOE conference on Macroeconomics - "Unemployment, productivity and potential output"
13-14 December 2012 London
"International capital flows and spillovers in a post-crisis world"
3-5 April 2013 London
Royal Economic Society Annual Conference
- Associate Editor, Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking
- Economic Journal
- European Economic Review
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- International Economic Review
- Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
- Quantitative Economics
Last update: August 8, 2014