- Ph.D., Policy Analysis & Management, Cornell University, 2008
- M.S., Policy Analysis & Management, Cornell University, 2007
- M.A., Economics, McMaster University, 2004
- B.A., Economics, University of Regina, 2003
Current Research Topics
- Foreclosure Counseling and Loan Performance
- HS Financial Education and Financial Wellbeing
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2010 - present
Center for Financial Security, University of Wisconsin - Madison
- 2009 - 2010
University of Wisconsin - Madison
- 2008 - 2011
- Collins, J. Michael, and Maximilian D. Schmeiser (2013). "The Effects of Foreclosure Counseling for Distressed Homeowners," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 83-106.
- Gross, Matthew B., Jeanne M. Hogarth, and Maximilian D. Schmeiser (2012). "Use of Financial Services by the Unbanked and Underbanked and the Potential for Mobile Financial Services Adoption," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Vol. 98, no. 4.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Maximilian D. Schmeiser, and Robert R. Weathers (2012). "The Importance of Anti-Discrimination and Workers' Compensation Laws on the Provision of Workplace Accommodations Following the Onset of a Disability," Industrial & labor relations review, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 161-180.
- Schmeiser, Maximilian D. (2012). "Expanding New York State's Earned Income Tax Credit Programme: The Effect on Work, Income and Poverty," Applied Economics, vol. 44, no. 16, pp. 2035-2050.
- Schmeiser, Maximilian D. (2012). "The Impact of Long-Term Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program on Child Obesity," Health Economics, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 386-404.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., John Cawley, and Maximilian D. Schmeiser (2009). "The Timing of the Rise in U.S. Obesity Varies with Measure of Fatness," Economics and Human Biology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 307-318.
- Schmeiser, Maximilian D. (2009). "Expanding Wallets and Waistlines: The Impact of Family Income on the BMI of Women and Men Eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit," Health economics, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 1277-1294.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., John Cawley, and Maximilian D. Schmeiser (2009). "Differences in the U.S. Trends in the Prevalence of Obesity Based on Body Mass Index and Skinfold Thickness," NBER Working Papers 15005. National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
RAND BeFi 2012
Good Advice, Good Outcomes? Financial Advising and Well-Being
American Economic Association Meeting
The Effect of Employer Accommodation on the Timing of Application for Social Security Disability Insurance Following the Onset of a Disability
2012 Chicago, IL
American Economic Association
2011 Washington, DC
Association for Policy Analysis and Management
2011 Washington, DC
Marketing and Public Policy
- Applied Economics
- Contemporary Economic Policy
- Economics and Human Biology
- Health Affairs
- Health Economics
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
- Journal of Economic Surveys
- Journal of Human Resources
- Social Science & Medicine
- American Economic Association
- American Finance Association
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- Southern Economic Association
Last update: March 18, 2013