- Ph.D., Economics, Cornell University, 2010
- M.A., Economics, Cornell University, 2009
- B.A., Economics and Political Science, Davidson College, 2004
Current Research Topics
- Income distribution and economic mobility
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- 2014 - present
Joint Committee on Taxation
- 2010 - 2014
- Armour, Philip, Richard V. Burkhauser, and Jeff Larrimore (2013). "Deconstructing Income and Income Inequality Measures: A Crosswalk from Market Income to Comprehensive Income," American Economic Review, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 173-177.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Jeff Larrimore, and Kosali Simon (2013). "Measuring the Impact of Valuing Health Insurance on Levels and Trends in Inequality and how the Affordable Care Act of 2010 could Affect them," Contemporary Economic Policy, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 779-794.
- Larrimore, Jeff (2013). "Cross-National Inequality Trends using Historical Tax Return Data: Review Essay," Review of Income and Wealth, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 568-571.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Jeff Larrimore, and Kosali I. Simon (2012). "A 'Second Opinion' on the Economic Health of the American Middle Class," National Tax Journal, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 7-32.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Shuaizhang Feng, Stephen P. Jenkins, and Jeff Larrimore (2012). "Recent Trends in Top Income Shares in the United States: Reconciling Estimates from March CPS and IRS Tax Return Data," Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 371-388.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Shuaizhang Feng, Stephen P. Jenkins, and Jeff Larrimore (2011). "Estimating Trends in US Income Inequality using the Current Population Survey: The Importance of Controlling for Censoring," Journal of Economic Inequality, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 393-415.
- Jenkins, Stephen P., Richard V. Burkhauser, Shuaizhang Feng, and Jeff Larrimore (2011). "Measuring Inequality using Censored Data: A Multiple-Imputation Approach to Estimation and Inference," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series A (Statistics in Society), vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 63-81.
- Larrimore, Jeff (2011). "Does a Higher Income have Positive Health Effects? using the Earned Income Tax Credit to Explore the Income-Health Gradient," Milbank Quarterly, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 694-727.
- Larrimore, Laura, Li Jiang, Jeff Larrimore, David Markowitz, and Scott Gorski (2011). "Peer to Peer Lending: The Relationship between Language Features, Trustworthiness, and Persuasion Success," Journal of Applied Communication Research, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 19-37.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., Shuaizhang Feng, and Jeff Larrimore (2010). "Improving Imputations of Top Incomes in the Public-use Current Population Survey by using both Cell-Means and Variances," Economics Letters, vol. 108, no. 1, pp. 69-72.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., and Jeff Larrimore (2009). "Trends in the Relative Household Income of Working-Age Men with Work Limitations: Correcting the Record using Internal Current Population Survey Data," Journal of Disibility Policy Studies, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 162-169.
- Burkhauser, Richard V., and Jeff Larrimore (2009). "Using Internal CPS Data to Reevaluate Trends in Labor-Earnings Gaps," Monthly Labor Review, vol. 132, no. 8, pp. 3-18.
- Larrimore, Jeff, Richard V. Burkhauser, Shuaizhang Feng, and Laura Zayatz (2008). "Consistent Cell Means for Topcoded Incomes in the Public use March CPS (1976-2007)," Journal of economic and social measurement, vol. 33, no. 2-3, pp. 89-128.
American Economic Association Meeting
Accounting for Income Changes over the Great Recession (2007-2010) Relative to Previous Recessions
Society for Government Economists
Levels and Trends in United States Income and Its Distribution: A Crosswalk from Market Income Towards a Comprehensive Haig-Simons Income Approach
American Economic Association Meeting
Deconstructing Income and Income Inequality Measures: A Crosswalk from Market Income to Comprehensive Income
Addington Prize in Measurement
National Tax Association
Richard Musgrave Prize
- Advances in the Economic Analysis of Participatory and Labor-Managed Firms
- Economics and Human Biology
- Journal of Economic Inequality
- Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
- National Tax Journal
- Review of Income and Wealth
Last update: October 6, 2014