Agenda & Materials
Panel #1: Private Sector Small Business FinanceThis panel is designed to address key themes and issues that emerged from the Federal Reserve System series related to private sector small business financing.
Moderator: Kausar Hamdani, Senior Vice President and Community Affairs Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Kevin Watters, CEO Business Banking, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Denise Pickett, Executive Vice President, American Express OPEN Product Management, Acquisition, and Project Resource Team
- Jack Hopkins, President and CEO, CorTrust Bank, N.A., and, Director, Independent Community Bankers of America
- Julie Stackhouse, Senior Vice President and Managing Officer, Banking Supervision, Discount Window Lending, and Community Affairs, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Todd McCracken, President and CEO, National Small Business Association
Panel #2: Public and Nonprofit Sector Small Business FinanceThis panel is designed to address key themes and issues that emerged from the Federal Reserve System series related to public and nonprofit small business financing.
Moderator: Todd Greene, Vice President and Community Affairs Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Jim Hammersley, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Office of Policy and Strategic Planning, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Don Graves, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Small Business, Housing, and Community Development, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Lesia Bates Moss, President, Seedco Financial Services
- Javier Palomarez, President and CEO, U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Panel #3: The Importance of Research and Data in Understanding Small Business Financing IssuesThis panel is designed to address what information is currently available from existing data sources, what data gaps remain, and what policy implications may exist for improving understanding of immediate and intermediate credit needs of small businesses.
Moderator: Kimberly Zeuli, Assistant Vice President and Community Affairs Officer, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Bill Dunkelberg, Professor of Economics, Temple University School of Business and Management
- Zoltan Acs, Chief Economist, Office of the Chief Counsel, U.S. Small Business Administration
- William (Denny) Dennis, Senior Research Fellow, National Federation of Independent Business Research Foundation
- Scott Shane, Professor of Economics, Case Western Reserve University, and Visiting Scholar, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Panel #4: Next Steps in Addressing the Financing Needs of Small BusinessesPanelists will share their perspectives on key ideas and next steps emerging from the day's earlier panels.
Moderator: Joseph Firschein, Assistant Director and Community Affairs Officer, Board of Governors
- Sabeth Siddique, Assistant Director, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation, Board of Governors
- Robert (Robb) Hilson, Senior Vice President, Global Commercial Banking, Bank of America Corporation
- Dan Betancourt, President and CEO, Community First Fund
- Bill Bynum, CEO, Enterprise Corporation of the Delta and Hope Community Credit Union
- Ginger Lew, Senior Counselor to the White House National Economic Council and the SBA Administrator